Senior Staff Editor | The New York Times
Nov. 2018 – Present
- Building an experimental new product and desk for timely news, exploring new avenues of visual storytelling; evening editor on desk managing team of three reporters and editors.
- Frequent editor and occasional writer for the Business desk.
- Previously on the special sections desk, assigning and editing feature packages across a range of subjects; digital editor for the desk. Before, an editor on the Express desk: general assignment, breaking, and internet-driven news.
Freelance Special Projects Editor | New York Magazine
March 2018 – Nov. 2018
- Edited freelance pitches and features about technology for Select All, New York’s tech blog.
- Launched and led two new pop-up blogs for nymag.com: about global technology and the ways people live in an increasingly connected world.
Editorial Assistant | WIRED Magazine
March 2017 – Feb. 2018
- Assisted Wired’s editor-in-chief in research for print and digital projects; managed schedule, event preparation, executive functions, data-driven stories, and social media.
- Contributed reporting to stories about politics, business, and security for Wired.com.
Special Projects Fellow | The Atlantic
Jan. 2016 – March 2017
- Coordinated with writers, editors, designers, and developers to build new special reports.
- Assigned and edited freelancers for story packages; assisted reporters in data projects.
- Managed team of researchers and editors for the MPA Award-winning “Life Timeline.”
Consultant, Special Projects Lab | UNHCR, The UN Refugee Agency
Nov. 2015 – Jan. 2016
- Built and monitored viral creative media. Established and maintained social media partnerships.
Business and Technology Reporting Intern | The Christian Science Monitor
June 2015 – Sept. 2015
- Dow Jones News Fund digital intern.
Editor-in-Chief | The Zamboni humor magazine
Apr. 2013 – May 2015
General Manager | 91.5fm WMFO Freeform Radio
May 2012 – May 2014
Volunteer Coordinator | MEVO
June 2008 – Aug. 2011